Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Is That Meaningful Work or What!" by Angelita Colbert

What is meaningful work? People often ask me, "Where do you work?" My response, "The American Cancer Society!" I'm then asked, "What do you do?"The rest conversation then sounds a little something like this . . . " Well, my official title is Senior Learning Consultant for what we call the Center of Excellence. I am able to work with and support great people. I interface with a large group of people who have come together for one cause and that it to cure cancer. Everyday, I meet with, plan with, and exchange knowledge of information about our organization, and hear survivor stories that touch me in different ways. I hear and learn about community mobilization, where people's spirits unify to help others and to save lives. The other person's response is usually, "It must be really nice to work somewhere that you can be proud of." Now tell me, is that meaningful work or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment