Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why I like working here.......

I recently posted this question on our Yammer account here at the American Cancer Society..... "why do you like working at the American Cancer Society?" Here is what I heard:
I Love working for ACS because I am given the opportunity to work with people who are as equally passionate and committed to transforming our nation's Health Care System as I am. Mandi Battaglia Seiler, Health Insurance Assistance Service Team Supervisor
What I love about working at ACS is the balance of autonomy and team work. The room to be creative coupled with the systems that are in place to help me effectively achieve my goals. I have the opportunity to work with the best and brightest; I love coming to work because of the people I work with. At ACS my job isn't the same every day; its fast paced, high energy and we are always looking for new ways to do more and be better. Also, after working at other non-profits I know the value of expand »resources. At ACS I have the tools and means to be successful. My supervisors recognize my talents and want to see ME be successful and take the time to provide mentorship and new challenging opportunities. At ACS I am never stagnant. My department works to "increase resources and remove barriers" so that we can do our job and save lives!
I came to ACS 17 years ago fairly green in the communications field. Since that have time, I have had the opportunity to grow in my career through training opportunities and on-the-job experience. Today I'm the director of creative and brand strategy for the Mid-South Division, and it is a great fit for where I am in my professional life. "Save lives, fulfill yours" perfectly describes my career at ACS.
I've been engaged with staff entering and exiting this organization for 25 years. The feedback is remarkably consistent..."getting to work with accomplished and passionate professionals!!!
Check out all our employment opportunities at cancer.org/careers

No comments:

Post a Comment