Friday, August 12, 2011

Why I like working at the American Cancer Society

A brief reflection from Mae Watkins - Manager of Planned Giving Upon my arrival with the ACS some 14 years ago, I have observed a tremendous amount of change over the course of years and have found it refreshing to witness the devotion of our Distinguished Giving Directors who are continuously meeting with donors and helping them to devise a giving plan that benefits their individual goals as well as helping the organization to meet its goals and objectives. I have heard many testimonies and stories from these friends of the organization relating to expand their personal battle with cancer or the battle of a friend or family member who was affected by cancer. Each has a fondness for the organization and the work that it performs in communities all around the country. It gives me pride and warms my heart to know that the work we do is met with such support and admiration

No comments:

Post a Comment